The Masters degree in Translation and Intercultural Mediation trains students for a future in the profession and for further academic studies. We train students to work in editorial, advertising, scientific, and technical environments as well as legal and economic environments:
- Specialised translators
- Literary and editorial translators
- Translators, copy editors and proofreaders for international organisations
- Intercultural mediators in professional environments
- Intercultural consultants with a high knowledge of languages
- Managers of terminological and translation projects
- Copy editors and proofreaders of multilingual texts
The Master’s degree equips students with the analytical and research skills for intercultural competency required to continue with academic studies in the various fields related to translation, intercultural mediation and similar disciplines at the following levels:
- Highly specialised Masters (biomedical translation, advertising translation, media…)
- PhD study in translation, intercultural mediation, editing, among other fields of knowledge.
The high level of internationalisation in this Masters degree helps to prepare students to work or study in other countries of the European Union and all the countries represented at the United Nations.
*Please note that although the information on this website is available in English, courses are taught in Spanish
** Translated by Maria Ward (Erasmus Assistant, 2021)