PhD in Physics (2013). Currently working as Senior Researcher (Ramón y Cajal fellow) at University of Salamanca (Spain), in the Research Group in Photonics and Laser Applications (ALF-USAL). Former Research Associate at JILA, University of Colorado at Boulder (USA), within a European Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship (2013-2016). Principal Investigator of a “Beca Leonardo” funded by Fundación BBVA (2017). Recipient of the EPS-QEOD Fresnel Prize in 2019 for fundamental aspects and the Physics Prize RSEF-BBVA 2019 as Young Researcher in Theoretical Physics. Principal Investigator of a 2019 ERC Starting Grant, ATTOSTRUCTURA “Structured attosecond pulses for ultrafast nanoscience”, funded by the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
Fields of interest: Laser-matter Interaction, Ultrafast Phenomena, Nonlinear Optics, High-order Harmonic Generation and Propagation, Attosecond and Zeptosecond Physics, Orbital and Spin Angular Momentum, Structured Attosecond Pulses, Ultrafast Magnetism, among others.
Citation Metrics: (as of 01/11/2020, GS=Google Scholar, WoS=Web of Science).
- Total peer reviewed articles indexed in JCR: 49 (46 in the first quartile)
- Total publications (including proceedings): 126 (GS), 85 (WoS).
- Sum of the times cited: 3357 (GS), 2344 (WoS)
- h-index: 22 (GS), 20 (WoS)
Radio Usal interview (in Spanish, 11 December 2018): La USAL, pionera en un nuevo tipo de láser con importantes aplicaciones en telecomunicaciones y materiales.
Los increíbles torbellinos de luz láser [The incredible whirlwinds of laser light] (in Spanish, February 2019):
Usal TV interview (in Spanish, December 2018):
Radio Usal interview (in Spanish, 15 March 2018): Láseres de rayos X. El mundo filmado a cámara lenta.
Usal TV interview (in Spanish, December 2015):
Selected Recent Publications:
- “Trains of attosecond pulses structured with time-ordered polarization states“, Laura Rego, Julio San Román, Luis Plaja, and Carlos Hernández-García, Optics Letters 45, 5636-5639 (2020).
- “Complete spatiotemporal and polarization characterization of ultrafast vector beams“, Benjamín Alonso, Ignacio Lopez-Quintas, Warein Holgado, Rokas Drevinskas, Peter Kazansky, Carlos Hernández-García, and Íñigo Sola, Communications Physics 3, 151 (2020). Received 15 April 2020. Published 31 August 2020.
- “Spectral signature of back reaction in correlated electron dynamics in intense electromagnetic fields”, Alba de las Heras, Carlos Hernández-García, Luis Plaja, Physical Review Research 2, 033047 (2020).
- “High harmonic generation in armchair carbon nanotubes”, Ósca