Following the success of the I European Conference on Domestic Violence, held in Belfast in 2015, the II European Conference on Domestic Violence will be held from 6th to 9th September 2017 at FPCEUP – Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of the University of Porto, in Porto, Portugal. The organization of this Conference is the result of a collaboration between FPCEUP, UMAR – Women’s Association Alternative and Response, and APAV – Portuguese Association for Victims Support.
Goals of the conference
The II European Conference on Domestic Violence will bring together researchers, academics, doctoral students, practitioners, and policy makers, and is designed to:
- Connect research and intervention within the field of domestic violence
- Exchange knowledge, good practices and methodologies which best contribute to the protection of victims and to the eradication of domestic and gender violence
- Share scientific results which inform the construction of social and legal policies regarding domestic and gender violence
- Promote networking among professionals and experts in this field
- Develop research and practice networks, methods and tools on preventing and combatting domestic violence.
- Intimate partner violence
- Domestic violence against the elderly
- Domestic violence against children
- Domestic violence against LGBTI groups
- Domestic violence against ethnic minorities
- Risk assessment and management
- Intervention systems
- Sexual violence
- Domestic violence prevention
- Victim support professionals and practice
- The state and social policy
- Intervention with perpetrators
- Domestic violence and the justice system
- The role of social and feminist movements in combatting domestic violence
- Gender issues and domestic violence Intersectionality of domestic violence
- Ethical issues in intervention
- Research and intervention methods
- Domestic violence and human trafficking
- Femicide Human and social costs of domestic violence
- Media and representations of domestic violence
- The health system and domestic violence
- Domestic violence and the formal education systems
- Call for abstracts opens: 20 October 2016
- Deadline for abstract submission: 15 January 2017
- Abstracts notification of acceptance: 28 February 2017
- Registration opening: 15 November 2016
- Deadline for presenter registration: 12 April 2017
- Deadline for Early Bird registration: 12 April 2017
- Final deadline for registration: 1 August 2017
If you wish to submit an abstract for an oral presentation, please download the abstracts submission form.
If you wish to submit a Workshop Proposal, please download the workshops submission form.
If you wish to submit a Symposium Proposal, please download the symposium submission form.
If you wish to submit an abstract for a Poster, please download the submission form.
If you wish to submit an abstract for an E-Poster please download the submission form.
Más información aquí.