Students planning to study at a higher education institution or English-language learning programs.
Scholarship and certification candidates.
English-language learners who want to track their progress.
Students and workers applying for visas.
Who Accepts TOEFL® Scores?
- More than 9,000 colleges, agencies and other institutions in over 130 countries accept TOEFL® scores.
- Placement in intensive English-language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
- Progress monitoring in English-language programs stressing academic English proficiency.
- Exiting English-language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
- Admissions to short-term, non-degree programs in English-speaking countries where the sending and receiving institutions agree to use TOEFL ITP scores.
- Admissions to undergraduate and graduate degree programs in non-English speaking countries where English is not the dominant form of instruction.
- Admissions and placement in collaborative international degree programs where English-language training will be a feature of the program.
- Scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.