Spanish (native), Catalan (native), English (fluent).
Mid Career Award. European Association of Psychology and Law (EAPL). (August 2015).
“Codex” Teaching Award. University of Salamanca Law School Students’ Representatives. (February 2016).
“Special Award”. Behavior and Law Research Foundation. (July 2018).
MEMBER OF SYMPOSIA OR CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEES:
2004: 3rd Symposium Choices of Action in Behavioral Sciences: Professional and Academic Profiles within a European Perspective. University of Salamanca, Spain.
2004: Criminology Conference: “Violence and Society.” University of Salamanca, Spain.
2003: 2nd Symposium Choices of Action in Behavioral Sciences in the 21st Century Society. University of Salamanca, Spain.
2002: 1st Job Opportunities Seminar: Clinical, Educational, and Social Psychology. University of Salamanca, Spain.
2002: Applied Psychology: Choices of Action for the 21st Century. University of Salamanca, Spain.
EDITORIAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITEES/EDITORIAL BOARDS:
- 2019-present: Associate Editor for Legal and Criminological Psychology
- 2014-present: Consulting Editor for the Annual Review of Legal Psychology
- 2017-2021: Review Editor for Frontiers in Psychology – Forensic and Legal Psychology
- 2009-present?: Editorial board member for Revista de Psicología Jurídica (discontinued after the first issue, so I guess this does not count)
- 2008-????: Editorial review board member for Scientific Journals International (SJI), Psychology and Psychiatry.
- 2007-2015: Editorial board member for The Open Criminology Journal
- 2001-2006: Member of the Scientific Committee of PsicologíaCientífica.com (formerly Psycologia.com)
- At some point: Member of the Consultant Scientific Board of the journal Revista Española de Investigación Criminológica
MEMBER OF CONFERENCE SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEES:
2017: Abstract reviewer for the 29th International Congress of Applied Psychology 2018, Montreal, Canada.
2016: International Congress of the Sociedad Científica Española de Psicología Social (SCEPS), Elche, Spain. (http://congreso2016.sceps.es/comites/comite-cientifico/)
2016: Annual conference of the EAPL, EAPL 2016 “New Challenges in Psychology and Law: Science into Practice,” Toulousse, France. (http://eapl2016.sciencesconf.org/resource/page/id/15)
2016: 2nd Workshop on Computational Approaches to Deception Detection – CADD2016; Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies. San Diego, California. (https://www.montclair.edu/chss/linguistics/deception-detection/)
2016: III Congreso Científico Internacional Behavior & Law [3rd International Scientific Congress: "Behavior and Law"], Madrid, Spain. (http://www.behaviorandlaw.com/congreso2016/?page_id=128)
2015: International Congress “Children and the Law.” Universidad Fernando Pessoa, Oporto, Portugal. (http://childrenandthelaw.ufp.edu.pt/Congress-Information/scientific-committee)
2014: I Congreso Científico Fundación Universitaria Behavior & Law. Monográfico Detección de la Mentira [1st Scientific Congress of the "Behavior and Law" University Foundation - Monographic on Lie Detection]. Madrid, Spain.
2013: 1er Simposio de Investigación Criminológica “Frente al Delito: Evidencia Criminológica” [1st Symposium of Criminological Research]. (Spanish Society of Criminological Research (SEIC). Autonomous University of Madrid, Spain.
2012: IX Congreso Español de Criminología “Prevenir, Castigar, Reintegrar” [9th Spanish Congress of Criminology: “Preventing, Punishing, Reinserting”]. (Official conference of the Spanish Society of Criminological Research (SEIC) and the Federation of Criminologists’ Associations of Spain). University of Girona, Spain.
2011: VIII Congreso Español de Criminología “Convivencia, Libertad y Tolerancia” [6th Spanish Congress of Criminology: “Coexistence, Freedom, and Tolerance”]. (Official conference of the Spanish Society of Criminological Research (SEIC) and the Federation of Criminologists’ Associations of Spain). University of the Basque Country, Spain.
2009: VI Congreso Español de Criminología “Criminalidad y Riesgo: Predicción y Prevención” [6th Spanish Congress of Criminology: “Criminality and Risk: Prediction and Prevention”]. (Official conference of the Spanish Society of Criminological Research (SEIC) and the Federation of Criminologists’ Associations of Spain). University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
AD-HOC JOURNAL REVIEWER:
Over 125 manuscripts reviewed for over 40 different journals. For detail, please visit https://publons.com/researcher/1204969/jaume-masip/peer-review/
- Reviewed book chapter for the book edited by Pär Anders Granhag, Aldert Vrij, and Bruno Verschuere (2014). Detecting deception: Current challenges and cognitive approaches. Chichester, UK: Wiley.
- Reviewed book chapter for the book edited by Pär Anders Granhag (2010). Forensic psychology in context: Nordic and international approaches. William Publishing: UK.
- Reviewed book proposal for Elsevier (San Diego, California, USA) (2008).
REVIEWER FOR RESEARCH GRANT PROPOSALS:
- American Psychology-Law Society (APLS) – Early Career Professionals Grant.
- ANEP (Spanish Ministry of Education and Sicence): two proposals in 2008; one proposal in 2009; one proposal in 2010; one proposal in 2016.
- Israelian Science Foundation.
- NWO – Dutch Research Council.
- European Association of Psychology and Law (EAPL).
- Sociedad Científica Española de Psicología Social (SCEPS) (Spanish Scientific Society of Social Psychology).
- Sociedad Española de Investigación Criminologica (SEIC) (Spanish Society of Criminological Research).