GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an institute of the Leibniz Association, internationally active in research in social sciences and financed by the German federal and regional governments. The department Monitoring Society and Social Change supports social research by providing various resources suitable to describe and analyze social change. Additionally the department supports universities and research institutions in their effort to realize gender equality by providing information and consultation on this topic, as well as the evaluation of measures employed in this area. Our Center of Excellence Women and Science CEWS offices in Cologne are seeking candidates to fill as soon as possible the position of a
4 –Year part-time position in a European project on evaluation and monitoring of gender equality in research
(Salary group TV-L EG 13, 65% of full time, until April 2021)
We invite candidates with a background in Evaluation Studies, Sociology or Political Sciences, Psychology, Gender Studies, Pedagogy, or related fields with very good master degree. The job-holder will be involved in implementing an EU-funded project with focus on monitoring and evaluation of gender equality initiatives.
Tasks will include
- Designing and implementing evaluation and monitoring concepts for universities and research funding institutions
- Coordination of an EU sub-project, including scientific and administrative activities
- carrying out evaluations and monitoring tasks
- Information transfer on gender equality, evaluation and monitoring.
Profile and qualifications
- Very good university degree (master or equivalent)
- experience in project work and very good knowledge in methods of evaluation research
- Fluency in German and English and knowledge of Polish, Italian or Spanish
- Excellent communication skills and good self-organization skills
- Interest in or knowledge of gender equality work or science policy as well as evaluations or quality assurance in universities
We support you in further developing your qualifications, specifically a PhD-thesis. Information about HR development and career at GESIS can be found here. GESIS is a research and service organization that provides a research-driven infrastructure for the social sciences and closely collaborates with departments at top universities in Europe and across the globe. Cologne is a culturally diverse and vibrant city (the 4th largest city in Germany with about 1 Mio. people) in the heart of Europe attracting young and creative people from all over the world.
GESIS guarantees that guidelines regarding employment law for the disabled and handicapped as well as laws and regulations governing part-time employment will be observed. We promote equal opportunities for women and men. GESIS is certified by the “audit berufundfamilie”.
Please send your application including CV, degree certificates and references until May 10th, 2017.
Please apply online only:
Interviews will take place in Cologne in the end of May 2017.
The key number is: DBG-23
For further information please contact Dr. Anke Lipinsky, phone +49 (0)221- 476 94 259 or by e-mail at Anke(dot)Lipinsky (at)gesis (dot)org.