I am Juan José Igartua (Bilbao, 1965), PhD in Psychology (University of the Basque Country, 1996) and (Full) Professor of Media Psychology in the area of Audiovisual Communication and Advertising at the University of Salamanca since 2009. In addition, I am the director of the Observatorio de los Contenidos Audiovisuales (OCA) (Observatory for Audiovisual Contents), a Recognized Research Group at the University of Salamanca, from 2006.
My area of expertise is Media Psychology and Research Methods in Social Sciences and Communication.
My current research interests focus on the following topics: processes and media effects, narrative persuasion, theory of media entertainment, health communication, news frames and media and immigration.
Specialization (UNESCO codes): 611402, 611418, 591002, 611401, 611415, 611201, 610701.
ResearcherID (WOS): C-5971-2011
Author ID SCOPUS: 8110269300
Address: University of Salamanca. Faculty of Social Sciences. Campus Unamuno (Building FES). 37007 Salamanca.
Office Location: FES Departmental Building, Room 423 (4th floor)
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan_Jose_Igartua
- ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-9865-2714
- PUBLONS: https://publons.com/researcher/2862040/juan-jose-igartua/
- Academia: https://usal.academia.edu/juanjoseigartua
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=qsR9fsEAAAAJ&hl=
English CV (pdf)